My notes (6×9″ ~400 pages) for the winter 2013 session of the University of Toronto Basic Statistical Mechanics course (PHY452H1S), taught by Prof. Arun Paramekanti, which I took as a non-degree student, are now available for purchase on paper. Available formats include:
- Printed (6×9″ black-and-white) from kindle-direct-publishing, for $10.99 USD,
- as a free PDF,
- or by cloning the github repositories that host the latex sources.
Links to the various copies are available here. I suspect that nobody will buy this (although there are lots of solved problems that might be of interest), but I wanted a printed reference copy for myself, and this was an extremely cheap way to get a bound copy (i.e. $6 USD plus shipping for a “not for resale” review draft).
Changelog (since last posted version)
- Re-export mathematica based figures as .pdf instead of .png
- Add commas and periods into equation,dmath contexts.
- remove blank lines between text and equation/dmath that are connected.
- switch to 6×9 format for kindle direct publishing and reformat various equations that overflowed page boundaries.
- use tcolorbox for tables
- suppress page numbers for list of figures, table of contents, and first page in chapters.This is a hack to deal with my hacking of classicthesis.sty, as it wants to put some of those page numbers in an unprintable region that kdp doesn’t like (and won’t ignore.)
- replace crude battery/resistor diagram with an svg based figure (with transparency)
- shrink various figures.
- periods on chapter, section, and figure captions.
- move versioning to separate file: make.revision