My notes from the spring 2011 session of Relativistic Electrodynamics (PHY450H1S) are now updated to use a 6×9″ format (387 pages), and are available on paper from amazon. This was the second course I took as a non-degree physics student, and was taught by Prof. Erich Poppitz.
These notes pages, 6×9″) are available in a few formats:
- In paper (black and white) through amazon’s kindle-direct-publishing for $11 USD.
- In color, for free as a PDF.
- from github as latex, scripts, and makefiles.
Links or instructions for the formats above are available here.
- switch to 6×9″ format
- fix a whole bunch of too-wide equations, section-headings, … that kdp finds objectionable.
- suppress page numbers for 1st page of preface, contents, index and bib. This is a hack for my hack of classicthesis, because I don’t have the 6×9 layout right, and the page numbers for that first page end up in an unprintable region that kdp doesn’t allow.
- add periods to chapter, figure, section, problem captions.
- remove lots of blank lines before and after equations (which latex turns into paragraphs). That cuts 10s of pages from the book length!
- move version numbers into separate file (make.revision)