We’ve had a giant cavity the room that that is now my home office space.  It had been cut into the garage by the previous owner of the house to mount a CRT TV in, made the garage a lot less usable, and also let in a lot of cold.  Last weekend we took it out completely:

 

10

and on Tuesday I framed in a new wall support, and got it into place:

 

98

Then sealed things up again:

432

I happened to have a sheet of water resistant board kicking around the garage, so used that:

1

and today I did the rough coat:

img_20161113_202046663

While I had some compound mixed up, I filled in a few other things in this space.  Quite a while ago I fished ethernet and coax cable into my home office space, so I got the box in place for these:

 

img_20161113_192815192

and did a rough plastering fill of all my fishing holes:

 

img_20161113_201828102

It will be nice to get this space completely in order, but we’ve now made some good progress on that front.