I’m not a fan of political signs. I don’t think they do any good, except to show off tribal affiliations. Nobody is convinced by a lawn sign, and if reading a lawn sign changes your mind, then you haven’t looked at any of positions of the party.
The argument for political lawn signs must be one of marketing, but I’ve always wondered what the cost benefit ratio for this particularly stupid form of advertising is. There is no room for any substantive content. However, I’ve now been proved wrong, by the following sign:
(photo credit to Connor, who took this nighttime drive by in a car, sending it to me figuring I would be amused.)
Year after year, one is forced to conclude that there are no good options in any election, and this sign channels Brewster’s Millions, to point that out brilliantly.
I don’t believe any vote that I cast, assuming I do so, will do any good. My vote, as always, has no meaning, and serves to perpetuate the fraud that we call democracy. A small subset of the population will succeed in voting for somebody who has won enough of the popularity contest that they will get to enact their desires to become as corrupt as it is legally possible to be. Those new corrupt popularity contest winners, will not be anybody’s representative in any real sense, not even to those that voted for them. That is especially true here in Canada where the party whip rules forbid one’s “representative” from expressing or acting on their perception of their constituent’s desires.
Other than the PPC, here are my voting options:
- Voting liberal will aid the return of the vapid puppet, “hair-boy Trudeau”.
- Voting conservative will probably result in a federal clone of corrupt Ontario dictator Rob Ford.
- An NDP vote is like a vote for a tax hike.
- Voting green is pointless, as they probably still don’t have a well thought position on anything (in their defence, I haven’t re-read their party platform to see if it has changed.)
- There is no Libertarian candidate in my riding this year (and there has never been a strong one.)
- Believe it or not, there is actually a communist running in my riding this year. How many millions of their own people have to be killed by communists before it is enough to acknowledge by those seeking to resurrect this evil?
It is certainly true that “The other options suck!”
Based on interviews with Maxime Bernier, not any sign, I had planned to vote PPC this year. They seem to be the only party that is taking a stand against the abhorrent authoritarianism that is running rampant in the name of covid-19. That should be the only issue people should care about right now, so it is clear how I will vote, if I decide to play the fraudulent democracy game. I have no optimism that such a vote will do any more good than any previous one that I have ever cast.